Friday, July 6, 2012

More Art

It's nice to have sculpture to turn to. After loosing Katilin I taught myself to how to crochet and loom so I could make items to donate. This time I don't have a set purpose other than to amuse myself or to give my grief and outlet that it needs. So yesterday I played with clay and came up with this: 



The above were my first two attempts at conveying what I feel. The first one I don't like the white color but I do the idea. It's to symbolize the angel with in. So many woman make the same decision I did to carry to your body lets go naturally, but even those who don't spend days normally knowing what they have inside is no longer living...so it's an angel with in you. The second sculpt I wasn't in love how it turned out but a fellow friend said it reminds her of her own pain. She has had three losses, and still doesn't have a living child. She struggles with the though she may never...and to this piece i'm mailing to her. 

In the end I redid the idea of the angel with in in two poses. I like the kneeling one. There is a gal who was on the same path as me to have a little one in February, she is also going through a loss. Today she will be having a D&C. So the laying gal will be shipped to her. 


My work has always brought some sort of peace to me knowing how much it helped others. Most of the time I don't make items for my own angel and now angels. I let others...this will be one of the very few pieces I will be keeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment